Friday, September 21, 2012

Holland Village- Crystal Jade XLB Buffet

I received a very late minute text from my dearest cousins asking if I want to join them for dinner at Holland Village. Since I'm on my sick leave, why not. Honestly, I was not in best mood to actually go out. If you have read my previous post, my fractured thumb is swollen and hurting again.

Headed out slightly earlier to get some stuff before I train down to meet Cristal. Our plan was to dine in at 7.4pm slot but it was fully booked. So we had no choice but to take the 10pm slot.

So I headed to meet Cristal at Tanah Merah instead. And went to her place to chill first. Fiona was still in school all the way till 9pm so we decided to meet her straight there. I was dying for food and Cristal who just came back from Sydney, got lots of snack from there!

 I was really bored and hungry. Cristal was loading some Japanese gameshow video on youtube.

 My cousins! From left. Fiona, Cristal and myself. I've no makeup and I have pimples popping out like nobody business :(

Finally got our seat and Cristal was busy choosing what to order. The buffet spread is good. It comes with drink, side dish, steamboat, xlb and dessert.

 
Those are some food that we ordered. We ate more of vege than meats.

The mutton/lamb was a disappointment but overall, is good. They give a plate of prawns to each table. I forgot how many was there. And the prawn is not in the buffet menu. How can steamboat not have prawns right? I'm fine with it because I can't eat prawns. :( But if you dine in there, you need to try those prawns. It's fresh, sweet and big!

The meal was very worth it. If only we managed to get the earlier slot. :( I will suggest that you make a reservation before heading down to the reservation. In total, we paid roughly $24/person. The later the time slot, the cheaper it is. It will be even better if you have your own transport. We planned to take a cab back but since there is still train service, we decided to save the money. I stay in the east so if I were to take a cab back, it will probably cost a bomb! 

Thankful for late train and bus service! :)

Tempted by the free-flow of xlb? Then go dine in now!

No comments:

Post a Comment