Wednesday, February 22, 2012

HOLIDAY TRIP: BANGKOK

Where do I normally stay, what airline I take or so.. Questions people and friends have been asking. Yes, I do visit bangkok every single year without fail. That's because I love the place and of course I love shopping. Thailand haven't been very safe to go but still, nothing will stop me :)

1.AIR TICKET
I have tried taking Jetstar( before I work as a crew), Tiger and SQ ( years back). So far to me, I think don't have to spend too much money on a good airline for short hours flight unless you have long legs and can't stand the small space of a small aircraft. But this time, I'm trying Thai Airway because there is an ongoing promotion for minimum 2 person to travel. Do take a look at THAI AIRWAY WEBSITE. I also found another website ( ZUJI ) where you can search all the airticket prices. Allow you to compare prices easily.

2.HOTELS
I have tried a few hotels in Bangkok. Before I choose a hotel, I will question myself the budget I set for my stay there (VERY IMPORTANT). You don't have to choose a very expensive hotel to stay as most of the time you will be out shopping, eat or so. The hotel room is for you to shower and rest. And when choosing hotel, the location is very very important! So always check the location of it. Next thing, research about the hotel. Read on comments travelers gave. Ok, let me name some hotel you may like to consider.

2.1. Best western mayfair bangkok
very clean and nice hotel. Hotel comes with wifi and tuk tuk service to the main road as it is located away from the main road. taxi driver may not know the place but it is near baiyoke sky hotel. They provide excellent service as well.

2.2. Center point petchburi
Very good location because it is located right opposite Platinum Fashion Mall and there is seven eleven near the hotel. If you feel tired after shopping the whole day, there are a few massage shop right outside the hotel. Lazy to wash your hair and wish someone can do it for you, then visit the hair salon near the hotel. Good service as well. Hotel offers buffet breakfast which I love it! And if you need wifi in your room, there is as well. Rooms are very spacious. Can fit more than 2 person even though it says room is for 2 person only.

2.3. Budacco
Newly build budget hotel in 2009( if I'm not wrong). Rooms have different colors theme which girls would love. Very nice and friendly service provided.

2.4. Mini r
the location is slightly further from the shopping area but good service. They serve breakfast to your room instead of you going to the cafe to have it. If you have budget for your accommodation, you may want to consider this hotel as well.

3. AREAS TO SHOP

3.1. Platinum Mall where girls and guy can shop. Get cheap luggage there as well! :)

3.2. Naraya ( mainly for girls) Cheap bags, pouch and etc.

3.3. Pratunam Night Market - Finding good deal there

3.4. MBK - Looking for blackberry housing, iphone casing or so? You can find all here and also good deal at the last few level. Linked to MBK, there is a mini market where you can get your nails done. Find the good deals there as well.

3.5. Chinatown - snack to bring back Singapore for your family or yourself

3.6 chatuchak market which also known as the weekend market. EVERYTHING YOU WANT IS THERE.

4. FOOD

4.1. I have yet to try but people say the pork burger from MAC is a must try.

4.2. Japanese Food in Platinum Mall

4.3. Chinatown's shark fin soup

4.4. A&W - we can never miss this because we don't have this in Singpore :(

4.5. MBK foodcourt.

What else do you guys wanna know? Drop me a comment if you have anymore question! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment